Sunday 6 August 2006

Sun 06 Aug 06, You Yangs +

16km today and for the week so far, 4 runs/6 days this month

Last night Burkie sent me a text message telling me that Narelle was off to the You Yangs on Sunday morning and she was looking for running partners. I was intending on running early but I had thought a flat run would be better for me, but after chatting with Burkie he suggested nice and slow and up & down would be fine. So I rang Narz and organised a meeting time that worked for both of us. One of the dangers of running with Narz is, firstly she is faster than me, she was only running 75 min and she is preparing herself for C2S and she will work those hills... Oh well I was hoping all would be fine.

My initial plan was to run 20-24km but when I woke my legs were feeling fairly tired from yesterday, so I decided I would play it by ear. Starting from the front gate we went up the first rise and both commented that we could feel our legs more than we thought we should have, but of course we continued on running and chatting. I asked about C2S, last year she finished 21st and she believes she is running faster and is very hopeful of a top 15 placing, good luck Narz.

We stayed together for the first 30 min until the hills became steeper and she moved slowly but surely ahead. I continued on and struggled a bit in a few spots and walked a little, which I have no problems with. As I was nearing the exit I found Narelle running back for her extra 15 min work so I tagged along with her and completed the final 15 minutes at 4:30 pace. I decided 16km was enough today, if I am feeling enthused later I may go for an easy 30 min in the evening, but probably not.



This picture was emailed to me today by Julie, the three boys on the couch together, L-R, Connor (8 in Oct), Kaelan (4 months) & Declan (5).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good pic stu!