Thursday 10 August 2006

Thu 10 Aug 06, 400s

7km today and 46km for the week so far, 7 runs/10 days this month

Tonight I thought a few of the guys were going to be at the track but for many reasons it ended up being just myself & Dave T (who did about 8-10k on the grass area). A late start to the track session due to the track being locked and we had to wait for the VU Security to open up, the Club key holders were late or working.

I started my night's session with 3 laps of the Complex, dodging the 'stupid attacking' plovers and then stretching for a little while. Tonight, by myself I was hoping to run 6x400 @ 72-73 sec with a 90 sec recovery. I still haven't mastered these sort of sessions, the shorter and faster stuff just isn't working at the moment, especially in comparison to the longer reps.

Splits (recover):
73.9 (92)
71.1 (90)
73.9 (91)
75.7 (92)
76.5 (91)
78.1 (walked 600m)

Once dressed I did 2 slow jogging laps to cool down. Burkie said I looked nice and strong but when I told him the times he was surprised, he thought the session looked better than the times showed. The 90 sec break seems to hurt, but sadly I want to reduce that a bit more in time.



--- Site Meter Summary ---
Visits

Total ....................... 13,156
Average per Day ................. 22
Average Visit Length .......... 1:35
This Week ...................... 153

Average of 22 a day is lower than last months average but it still amazes me that I get that many visitors. I suspect that the people that average 5-8 comments on their blog each day must have a very high number of visitors or my visitors just don't like leaving messages.

No comments: