Wednesday 19 April 2006

Wed 19 Apr 06, the Tan & Run to the G training group

12km today and for the week so far. 14/19 runs this month & 83/109 runs for the year

Well today was my first run since the cool down after my 1500m (and that was fairly short). I finished work at 5pm and got changed, as this was way too early to make my way down to Fed Square for the training group I decided to do an easy lap of the Tan. Starting at Govt Dve and running in reverse I sat on 4.30ish pace, once down Anderson I made my way across the bridge, via Goschs Paddock, then over one of the MCG foot bridges and then over to Fed Square. Arrived and let the S2F staff know I was here and continued on for another 12 minutes to keep warm.

Stopped and chatted with my group (x8), 5k slow. Once given the go ahead I got my group on the road first, down to Wellington Pde, around Fitzroy Gardens, over to the parklands of the MCG, on a few paths, over the new foot bridge, back to Fed Square. Kept the group together for the first 3.5k, but 3 were having troubles sticking at the 6 min pace so I just moved back and forward between the 2 groups. Afterwards chatted, had some water and stretched a little and then ran back to my car on the Tan.


Thoughts for the coming months, a few AV races, act as a one on one pacer at the Geelong HM, race that stupid train and hopefully beat it, start to increase the kms and try to concentrate on losing a kg or 2. Hmmm will wait and see how it all goes. I know the return of the longer runs will help and a few more k's on Wednesday will help. Stretching will help too.




This is me receiving my medal at the Aust Masters T&F Champs for the men's 35-39 1500m, whilst I know that many could have kept me out of the medals if there were in attendance, I am not concerned by that, as I was there for the experience, friendships and for my own satisifaction.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cheesy grin!!

Stu Mac said...

Yer the person who took the photo said the same thing too.

:-)

Jaykay said...

Yay Stu!

Em said...

You can only race who is there on the day, no need to be concerned with those who aren't, you look proud of yourself regardless.

congrats again

Me, I just race myself ;-)