Wednesday 5 April 2006

Wed 05 Apr 06, R4K training @ the Saint Hotel

11km today and 40km for the week so far. 5/5 runs this month & 74/95 runs for the year

After a late night of thinking and reflecting and posting too late on forums and reading blogs I struggled at work, which was a day of training, attempting to concentrate on the laws governing procurement within Government organisations and some basic contract law (yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnn). Luckily for me I was able to prop myself up and concentrate for a few hours of lectures and then relied on a couple of cans of red bull to pep me up so i could concentrate on the tests. Finished early and was home by 1.45pm and was able to catch a hour or so sleep.

Left home to go to St Kilda, leaving 1 hour before, was more than ample time, but not today!!!! A normal 25-30 minute trip turned into 80 minutes!!! Shit, arrived late to be told my medium pace group had taken off a few minutes ago attempting to follow the faster group, so out the door and down Fitzroy St at quite a quick pace, passing the slow & med 5k groups. The run out to Station Pier was quite hard as I was at race pace and into a very strong wind, but I wanted to catch my group, I got to the 4k area when I found the fast group making their way back, Dan (Run Leader of fast group) gave me an idea of how many I was looking for and off I went. I found the majority of my group and got them to re-group for a few k's and I really enjoyed the trip home with the wind on my back, quite cool but.

Chatted for awhile at the Saint and then jogged back to my car which was a km or so away, all up easily 11k today, but may have been further.

Today was a day to reflect nine years ago.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Perhaps 'the day to reflect' could have been better spent