Thursday 27 April 2006

Thu 27 Apr 06, Tan & pilates

8km today and 73km for the week so far, 23/27 runs this month

After a couple of hard days my legs are a little tired and are feeling the effects of some hills & the deep massage, but I want to tick off another days running so I will go easy. With work commitments I will not be able to guarantee my finish time so I cancelled my easy track session. Straight after work I changed, walked to my car and then jogged to the Tan and did 2 easy laps of the Tan, starting at Government Dve.

Whilst wearing my watch I only checked out my first km to ensure I was cruising, first lap 18:01 & the second 18:10, nice and even and that was with one look only at the watch, so happy with that. A short stretch afterwards and then off home for a shower prior to my last week of my pilates course.

Tonight's pilates was ok, good stretch and some nice work on the core stability etc, but this was the final week of my 8 week course and I'm not sure if I can currently afford to do another course at the moment.


I don't intend to run on Friday, a day's rest and then on Sat I am racing in Round 2 of the AV Winter Series, 6km Cross Country relays at Yarra Bend, not sure but I think I will be racing in our second men's team, Div 6. With soccer commitments in the morning and our club's Aths Presentation it will be a busy Saturday.

1 comment:

Ewen said...

Good luck on Saturday Stu.

Even if you can't afford another course, keep doing the exercises. Perhaps you can organise a one-on-one lesson every 6 weeks or so?