Wednesday 5 April 2006

Mon 3 Apr 06, R4K training and then a lap of the Tan

12km today and 23km for the week so far. 3/3 runs this month & 72/93 runs for the year

No ill feelings in my legs after racing on the weekend... no chance to get to the gym today or probably this week, due to school travelling and a course for work.

Finished work about 5:40ish and then jogged to Niketown. Tonight's R4K training run I was allocated the 5k faster group, which I would have liked to change to a 10k group but it was suggested for pacing reasons I keep that group. With a group of 10 or so, off we went probably 4:40ish pace for the first 2.5k, then picked it up to 4.30ish and brought in 7 together which was overall pleasing. BIG groups at Niketown tonight, easily more than 100, with a few guest AFL players and a Melbourne Victory guy, chatting re their pre & post race food & fluid intakes.

Stayed and chatted for quite awhile, a few guys & gals from the forum were present, Tiger Boy, EJM, cjw, Beki, Frankie, OM, Rupert & myself. Also caught up with an ex Western A and a few ladies who have been running at the Saint Hotel made their way to the CBD tonight, after 8 weeks of the groups you get to know many of the runners.

After nearly 40 minutes of stretching and chatting I made my way back to the Tan and cruised a lap in 18 minutes and then over to my car and home.



This pic was taken by Gemma of S2F in Niketown, she was upstairs, for those who have not be to a Nike training session, the green singlets with black are the Run Leaders and some of the girls have white with the green. I am at the bottom on the rhs.

No comments: