Thursday 6 April 2006

Thu 06 Apr 06, track session

7km today and 47km for the week so far. 6/6 runs this month & 75/96 runs for the year

Hmmmm an extremely horrible day, very windy, rain and cold, if I was in the middle of my training block I think I would have skipped this session. I arrived at the track at 4.30pm, according to my car's outdoor temp guage it was 13 degrees and OMG it is very windy!!! Changed out of my work clobber and straight into my warm up in lane 8 in a clockwise direction, I just finished with 4th lap when Dave T arrived and we did 2 laps together berfore I stopped and started some basic stretches whilst he continued on.

This was the first time I had seen Burkey since the VMA Champs so he congratulated me and we discussed the race whilst I was stretching, a brief chat about the R4K race and then we spoke re my training for next week before the 800m on Good Friday (5pm) and the 1500m on Sat (12pm). I told Burkie I thought 8x200 @ 33ish would be a good idea with a 60 sec recovery, he agreed, with the wind tonight 200s were the go with the wind behind!

Still wearing jacket and trackies I put on my spikes (wear occassionally for training) and did 3x70m strides. Pants and jackets off and jogged over to the 200m line with Dave who intended to run the same session maybe a sec or 2 behind.

Splits (all floats were approx 60 sec):
33.7
33.8
34.1
33.8
33.2
33.3
32.8
31.1

A few weeks ago Burkie mentioned that he thought I reduce my stride length and my arm action when running shorter and faster reps, after my 4th rep he came over to the start of the 200m and asked me to concentrate on pushing my arms thru front & rear. With a little concentration, he reckons it was very apparent there was an improvement in stride pattern and I looked faster and stronger, something else to concentrate on... :-)

Pilates tonight, which I had a few problems with, I cramped on numerous times and when i didn't cramp I was actually on the verge of cramping nearly the entire time. Narelle asked me about my fluid intake, which I thought was fine, not really sure.... anyway when I got home I had a 1.5 litre of Musashi Recovery Drink which I hoped helped. I had no problems afterwards or throughtout the evening.

Planned 8-10k today and rest on Saturday

No comments: