Monday 10 April 2006

Mon 10 Apr 06, an easy 8k in Hoppers

8km today and 27km for the week so far. 9/10 runs this month & 78/100 runs for the year

100 days down and I have missed 22 days of running, a bit slack I think, but then a lot more committed than many sloths of the world... Burkie's instructions for today were run slow and run the legs clean, get rid of any bad stuff but do it slowly. Hmmm running by myself slowly is never done well.

Got home about 6pm from work and a little grocery shopping. Changed and put on my Garmin to try and ensure I ran around 5.30 per km pace, first 10-15 minutes was fine, sat between 5.25 and 5.40 pace, didn't check for awhile. Looked 21 minutes and sitting on 4.45 pace, oh shit... slowed it down, rechecked 5 min later I was going 4:50ish pace again.... it feels easy so I just do it, no-one with me for me to chat with!!!

Did just over 7.6km, stretched for 15 minutes and then showered and had dinner.

No comments: