Saturday 22 April 2006

Sat 22 Apr 06, Brisbane Ranges

10km today and 35km for the week so far, 17/22 runs this month

A busy morning, hang out with my 3 youngest boys for a hour at home as Kaelan (nearly 1 month) is not very mobile, then 2 hours at Connor's soccer with Declan in tow. A pleasant morning.

Cam came over about 1pm ish and we made our way out to the Brisbane Ranges, about 30-40 minutes away from Hoppers in the direction of Bacchus Marsh, for a club 'pack run'. This is one of my favorite runs, always see lots of wildlife, today a handful of kangaroos, an echidna & a kookaburra, of course lots of magpies and stuff but they are the norm.

We left the Boar Gully camping grounds as a pack of 12 and a few of the younger ones were being driven a few k's down the road to shorten their distance. Once off the dirt road and onto the trails we started to break up, I ran the entire way with Narelle (our club's best distance athlete) and enjoyed the chat, which was also hanfy as a few times I got the pinching sensation in my left hip and I was able to tell her everytime I felt it and exactly where, I'm having a massage on Tuesday with her, owwwwwww.

Cruising pace and enjoyed the 45 minutes out there. Stayed for a bit afterwards, the majority partake in a bbq, I enjoyed some warm tomato soup, which is one of my favorites, one of the mum's always brings heaps of stuff and normally has a few surprises, the majority got excited by Carrot cake, a had a second cup of soup....hmmm toasty and warm.


Ready for tmw's Geelong Half Marathon, running with Crissy from RW forum, hoping I can provide lots of motivation and encouragement for her to help her run across the finish line. She sounds all ready for the experience and it should be an ok sort of a day.

No comments: