Saturday 8 April 2006

Fri 07 Apr 06, a run in Hastings

11km today and 58km for the week so far. 7/7 runs this month & 76/97 runs for the year

About 2 months ago I agreed to help Crissy out with pacing duties at the Geelong Half Marathon in mid April, since agreeing we have tried to organise a suitable time for us both to go for a long run so I could get an idea of her pace etc. Well the long run never happened but we organised a 8k run for today.

I decided a straight 8k run at HM pace wouldn't give me a real indication of how Crissy would handle being slightly tired and still sticking to the HM pace. So the plan was a 1-1.5k warm up, stretch, a few strides and then a 1k time trial, 3 min break and then do the 4 laps of the Hastings Foreshore Reserve (8.77km). Of course I needed to be conscience of introducing a unknown element into her program only a few weeks out, so 1 rep would be all.

Overall I think Crissy was pleasantly surprised with the km rep and the 4 laps we continued to make each lap slightly faster than the previous and the last 25 seconds faster than the 3rd. A good session for me as Burkie wanted me to have a 8-10k run somewhere around the 5.30-6 min pace, so it worked well for me too. Good luck to Crissy in her Hastings 6.2km race on Sunday!


Saturday is a no running day for me, will be recovering from a big night and then spending some time with Connor & Declan at soccer and then Ice Age 2 (very funny). Early start tmw having to be at Docklands around 7.30ish, needing to park and get through the crowds, should be a good day.

No comments: