Sunday 30 April 2006

Sun 30 Apr 06, long run at Brisbane Ranges

19km today and for the week so far, 25/30 runs this month

Met up with Narelle (massage therapist & pilates instr) & her financee Tyler (very fast, expects to run sub 32 min at Sandown) at 3:30pm, they were going to Brisbane Ranges for their Sunday run. So I thought I would join in, not expecting that Tyler would want to run my pace for 90 minutes, but he did, which is cool as he always seems to have some piece of advice that I can use in the coming weeks.

We left Werribee at 3:45 ish and off we went, we knew no mucking around as it would be very dark by 6pm, especially in the Range and as it had been raining most of the day and there was a lot of cloud cover.

The first lap was the three of us together, I noticed every hill and rise, my quads were very heavy and I was worried about the second lap, but strangely the 2nd lap seemed easier. Splits 42:08 & 42:49, just under 85 minutes. An enjoyable run in the cool but no wind and thankfully no rain. After the run, changed, limited stretches, Skins on and hopped in the car and the rain started immediately.

A good run and I will now concentrate on an easy week in preparation for the GTR and work on icing my heel, and concentrating on some good stretching and easy runs.

2 comments:

Steve's Stuff said...

Wow, that's an early get-up. I thought 6 am was early for me today.

Anonymous said...

Touch of Light-remedial massage,sports massage,hot stone massage,sports massage therapist,full body massage melbourne,massage therapist melbourne,hot stone massage melbourne,massage therapist victoria'remedial massage