Sunday 30 April 2006

Sat 29 Apr 06, AV 6km Cross Country Relays

11km today and 84km for the week so far, 24/29 runs this month

Weather was ok for today's first cross country race for the season, Western A's had entered two men's teams (Div 4 & 6), one open women in Div 2, and three junior women teams in U20, 18 & 14. I have been allocated in the Div 6 team, running the second leg.

I arrived around 12:30pm, in time for the presentations of last seasons Premierships, which Cam was going to pick up the U20 Pennant and a couple of the ladies were picking up the Wmn Div 3 Pennant. After confirming team orders with Burkie & John (our great coaches), a large majority of the men's teams went to run the 3km course, chatting with our newest distance runner, Mitch (20 year old). Mitch has been a member for many years but only competing in 100, 200 & 400s, but recently he has started running tri's and he asked me for some advice, immediately I suggest the winter season and here he is... :-)

So the Div 6 team was Mitch, me, Teagan & Bradley (16), so the team was a true mixture, but we did ok and it was better than not fielding a team. There were 15 teams in our Div and we finished 7th!!! :-)

My run was fairly ordinary as far as I'm concerned, whilst I ran 25 sec faster than last year I just was not happy, but I can only blame myself. Too many hard kms this week, too many hills and not enough sleep, but... My splits were 12:10 & 12:50, leaving me as the second fastest in the team, we were all quite close, 24:40, 25:00, 25:15 & 30 minutes. The Div 4 team finished 2nd, which we were wrapped with, whilst a different order than at R4K, the top 3 teams are us, Doncaster & Sandringham. The Div 4 team were missing our club's 2 fastest, which in turn makes the 2nd team alot faster and hopefully a third team too.

I finished the run with a 1.5k jog with one of the girls and then did another 10 min by myself. Presentation night tonight and a longish run tmw.

No comments: