Friday 2 September 2005

Thu 1 Sep, track session, again

11km today & 30km for week

The plan today was to run 2 laps of the Tan, but I forgot my running gear, so I decided I would train at the track. I started with 5 laps of the track in lane 4-8 and then 10x70m run throughs with some drills on the slow return & some light stretching after the first 5 repeats.

After a brief chat with Burkie re my pace for Sunday's Half we agreed 15 minutes of bends & straights and then a few laps just slightly faster than my HM pace. I ended up doing 18 minutes of bends & straights before doing 3 laps at 100 sec per lap, but all 3 were too fast so I stopped & walked a lap to try and get the faster stuff out of my rhythm and then did 2 more, which were only 1-2 too fast.

Finishing with 5 laps to cool down dressed in pants & top, it was starting to cool down quite dramatically & quickly.

I'm hoping that the weather will be nice to me on Sunday and I think I am ready to have a go at my 'wanted' time. Hopefully I get it right on Sunday, I have stuffed up many other things this week........ :-(

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh no - it sounds like you had a bad week Stuart.

I hope Sunday's weather is good to you

Jen said...

Good luck on Sunday Stu. I hope the weather is kind to you. I'm sure that all your hard work will pay off. J