Thursday 15 September 2005

Wed 14 Sep, run along the Yarra

9km today and 35km for the week, 79.6kg

I would have liked to run further today, but with work constraints and attending an Opening Doors Workshop at Olympic Park I could only manage just over 9k in my allocated time. I started with a lap around the outside of Vic Barracks at warm up pace and did a handful of quad, calf & hammie stretches, then i made my way down to the river, city side at a quickish pace. Once I got on the path alongside the river I ran at 5km pace until I got to the bridge at Chapel St (all up 20:30) and deliberately slowed down to a comfortable 4:40ish pace and returned back to the Barracks. A quick 50 sit ups & 30 push ups followed by some calf, achilles & hammie stretching.

Today's eats:
Breaky - Special K with a dollop of yogurt & low fat milk
Morning snack - apple, low fat museli bar, herbal tea
Lunch - Vegie Green curry with noodles, med serve, can of V
Arvo snack - salada with vegemite handful of dry fruit, herbal tea
Dinner - spaghetti pasta with a little meat sauce
Supper - coffee & couple of finger s/w

5 bottles of water throughout the day & night


Meeting at OP was interesting, AV are encouraging their Clubs to be open to all members, including AWD athletes, this was a way for our CLub to show an interest and to pick up some useful info. The talks by Peter Russell, multiple para olympian & world champ gold medalist, & Tim (surname ???) who also has won many medals were extremely interesting and funny.

No comments: