Monday 12 September 2005

Mon 12 Sep, a run along the river

10km today and for the week, 79.8kg

Didn't run on the weekend, but all of my weekend partying is coming to an end, back to getting serious and because I have nothing else planned. Saturday night was a blast, Western A's celebrated 10 years and the partying went until 5/6am and a 'little' bit of alcohol was consumed. And yet again I possibly made an arse of myself but I'll survive. Enough about that

Today I went out for a 10k ish run along the Yarra City Trail up to Chapel St bridge and then back towards the city, up Punt, down Walsh, up Anderson and then along Domain until I got to Govt Dve, then a lap around the exterior of Vic Barracks. Needed to clear my head, so 10 minutes into the run I started to lift the pace and ran at 10k race pace for approx 25 minutes, a great workout.


Over the past month I have been partying a little harder than normal and I have probably affected some of short term goals, but its all about choice. Over the past week I have received a couple of messages on my blog and a few e-mails from friends who have helped me make a few decisions regarding how much I want to run faster than I currently am, whilst I never will be good, I do want to be better than I am and I so much want to 'break' 40 minutes for 10km, so a few sacrifices will be made. Firstly my last drink of alcohol until the second week of December was had at about 5.30am on Sunday morning, and reduce my intake of food slightly and really watch and think about what I'm going to eat, no more museli bars & such, lots of fruit & veg. Its funny I mentioned to a couple of friends that I was hoping to lose 3-5kg and they kind of freaked and said that I didn't have it to lose, whilst I have over the past 2 years lost a lot of weight I'm sure that I could be slightly smaller around the stomach and upper legs, well I hope so. So for the next month or so I'll probably dribble on about my food intake too much, cause I know no-one else is really interested in what I do, so I put here so I can read about it & over analyse it all.

Today:
breaky - small bowl of cerial with low fat milk & a bottle of water whilst driving to work
morning snack - can of V, apple and another bottle & a half of water
lunch - green salad & a piece of chicken, a piece of wholemeal bread, more water (esp after run)
arvo - 2 dry salada biscuits, handful of dried fruit
dinner - chicken & stir fry vegies
supper - water

2 comments:

Clairie said...

Stu, that is not enough calories for a grown man!!!

Actually looks like a weight watchers diet for a 60kg woman!

Seriously, I think perhaps a tub of low fat youghurt could be added.

Tuna pasta for lunch is a good idea - low in fat, good carbs and the tuna has the right oils for aiding recovery and muscle building.

I notice a big difference when I give up alcohol and because of this I try to do it often. Certainly a few weeks before a serious race is always dry for me.

I think I save it all for the night of the race - if I do well of course *grins*

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am actually fascinated by your diet as weird as that may seem so the chat about food intake will be a very interesting read...do you drink coffee? (I am a bit behind on your blog again....)