Monday 19 September 2005

Mon 19 Sep, lap of Albert Park

9km today and 26km for the week, 79.4kg

Could feel the effects of yesterday's race, some soreness in the quads, but nothing real bad. Slept better last night, probably from 11 to 3ish. Some close friends will know why.

Today I was able to get into the city just before 7am so a morning run was to be had. I ran from the Barracks to Albert Park at a nice even easy pace and continued on easy to medium pace for awhile, using one the km markers I ascertained I was sittingon 4:30ish pace, which felt comfortable, but I knew I needed to slow a bit more. I returned to the barracks, puffing a little harder than I should have been, so I did a slow lap of the exterior of the barracks, just over 5 min extra.

Nice to run out some of my personal problems, I just wish it was that easy.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope you can run those 'personal problems' right out of town, StuMac! There should still be enough wind around to do that for you...if not let me know & I'll send a "good spell" from my box of magic & that will clear everything for you! Just be careful it doesn't blow you away too!

I think it's interesting to see what you eat! But you don't eat very much at all! I think you need a good feed!

Anonymous said...

I hope you have ran thru the personal problems...that time alone to run and think can be very beneficial when things are a bit stressed.

I am sure every PB I have reached (not that there are many) were the result of feeling let down or pissed off about something.