Wednesday 31 August 2005

Wed 31 Aug, tready & gym work

7km today & 19km for week, 80.1kg

Left work after a day of meetings & a training course in the arvo, walked outside and it started raining, so I headed for the gym to jump on a treadmill, it was cooling down & very windy and I was in a singlet so it seemed like a good idea.

Arrived in the gym to discover the treadmills were full and the skiing thing was out of action, so onto a bike & wait. 12 minutes on the bike @ 30kph before a treadmill became available. I started at 4.40 pace for the first km and then moved up to 4.30 for 2k, then I moved it upto 4.15 for 1k then 4.00 upto the 5.5km mark and then I pushed it up to 3.50 pace for 500m, all of this was at 1% incline, after the 6k i slowed down to 5 min pace for 1km. Always a good sweat in the gym, hopped off, cleaned the machine and moved over to the free weights for some back, chest, arms & some lunges for good measure.

Stats for the month: for various reasons I had my lowest monthly kms for the year, 210km, which is dramatically down, this is only the second time below 250k. Two races in the month, Coliban Relay (5k) & Frankston 16k XC, both were PBs so everything is going well. Rolled my ankle and I have had some tightening in the hamstrings but nothing eventuated from that :-) All seems to be going well, HM this Sunday, then probably a month of speed work and then 2 hard months fully preparing for Zatopek, may consider dropping a few things from the diet to see if I can shred a kg or 2 for this.

2165km for 2005

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I wish you well during the months of training for Zatopek, StuMac & thank you for your kind comment on my blog....receiving praise from someone of your running ability is icing on today's Time Trial cake!