Monday 26 September 2005

Sun 25 Sep, Sri Chinmoy

15km today and the week



CHEER THE RED & THE WHITE!!!

What a mark, your a hero Leo Barry!





What a game, it may have been only 4 points but a win is a win!!!

A long night was had and lots of celebrating, but I woke early on Sunday morning, crawled out of bed & decided I would race at Burnley in a 10k race, in hindsight, not very smart!

I arrived with 20 minutes to spare, registered and jogged for 15 minutes, took the line after a little bit of organising mucking around and off I went. I missed the first km marker, hit the second km at 7:45 (too fast), the next km in 3:51, at the 4k mark I decided it wasn't happening so I withdrew at the 5km mark in 19:40. Went for a jog for 15 minutes and then chatted with a few CRs & AV runners. Whilst the time for 5k was ok, I could have gone faster if I did race that distance, which is good and it is a new PB by 17 seconds.

At 11am I went down to my local aths track where some of the guys were time trailing a 600 & 2k. I did a few easy laps and then did the 600m time trail, started well, went past the 400 mark in 63 and then withdrew just before the 500, the latic acid was really building and I was getting very untidy, I don't think Burkie thought it was such a good idea doing the trail anyway, I finished with 5 laps with the boys and then went home to get ready for an Engagement Party.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've just read your earlier blog entries, Stu. I think you're a champion for keeping on going when things are tough. Keep your chin up ... and keep running.

cheers - CL

Anonymous said...

LOL

As a pre-Perth girl I felt a bit sad about the game