Tuesday 27 September 2005

Mon 26 Sep, local run

9km today and 24km for the week

The mind is a very powerful and if it is racing with thoughts, sometimes not even a run can help. I use my running like most people for fitness & well being but of course very importantly I use it as a stress relief. Yesterday I received some news that made the mind race and I was hoping my evening run would help erase or at least blunt the sting, but to no avail, I only type this so I can see that no matter what I will try to settle things in my life and to show to myself in time that some of my runs will not be as good as others.


Yesterday I drove to the aths track and ran from there for 9kms, whilst I moved along at a nice pace and I seemed fairly fluent and I did note my breathing never settled and my heart rate was a little higher than normal for the pace I was running, so I cut my run short, I was planning on running 12-15k.

I need to be aware when things start to get on top of me, yesterday I got fairly cranky at a Club Committee meeting and may have (did) lost my cool and probably let everyone know that I am not a controlled as would like most to believe I am.

Speed session planned at the track on Tuesday night, maybe some more 2k reps with some 1's to finish off with, will wait & see. Wed; having the day off, planning on a long run, 2 hours or so in the bush, i hope that will help.

No comments: