Tuesday 13 September 2005

Tue 13 Sep, midday run & evening track session

16km today and 26km for the week, 79.7kg

I ran at lunch today to break the day up and get out of the office, I ran the tan + today (St Kilda Rd, Domain & Punt Rd), caught up with a friend near the pillars and walked over to AV to sort some things and then jogged back to work.


Evening session; arrived at the track about 5:15pm, too late to catch up with what Mick was doing (I think he went for a road run) and most others I know are starting to prepare for track racing, so I knew I was by myself tonight. I ran 5 laps for a warm up and then 5x70m stride thru's, followed by some basic & limited stretching. Tonight I planned 6/8x1k repeats (depending on how I felt) at my 10k pace, 95sec per lap with a 90 sec jogging recovery (NO walking). I haven't done much long rep work in the past few weeks, so a little slower was probably a good idea & taking into account my weekend actvities. After my w/up jog, I felt my legs were a little cool so I changed into my nike tights and wore a coolmax T.

Splits (recovery):
3:58 (1:29)
3:58 (1:32)
3:55 (1:35)
3:57 (1:35)
4:01 (1:33)
4:03 (walked 300m)

After my walk I put on jacket, did a few light calf & achilles stretches and then took off and did a seven lap cool down, which is slightly longer than normal, but a few others joined and so I was happy to just chat & run. All up not a bad session, but would have preferred the last 2 to be slightly quicker.

Today's eating
Breaky: small glass of OJ & a medium bowl of Special K & museli
Morning snack: wholemeal s/w with egg & lettuce, herbal tea
Lunch: pea & ham soup with a slice of multi grain bread
Arvo snack: couple of handfuls of sultanas
Dinner: crumbed fish & vegies with sweet potato mash
Super: herbal tea & 4 snakes alive

Drank 4 or 5 bottles of water throughtout the day.

I'll probably only note my food intake for a week or so, I'm assuming I'll get very bored of writing things down.

2 comments:

Stu Mac said...

G'day Plu, my exp with the Masters org is minimal, but as you know I did compete in the Vic Champs in 800 & 1500, finishing 2nd & 4th in my age groups. But to be honest position was not important, but my competition against myself was. Your right about the winning times being very fast in the 5000 & 10000 races, but I bet that there were a lot of slower guys too. Remember when the likes of Mona are still running & loving it, what hope of winning do we have. But participation is the key and I have had a ball meeting many others in the Masters & the lower Divisions of Open racing that I am so happy I made the transition from the fun run scene to competing with Athletics Victoria & the Vic Masters, the comaradrie is spectatular. I could go on....

Anonymous said...

oh no, I knew it was too good to be true (your logging your food intake!)