Friday 9 September 2005

Thu 8 Sep, lunch time & an evening track session

12km today, 46km for the week, 79.8kg

I need to get back into my routine, change of circumstances has affected my morning sessions, as at next week I am going to have to start getting up at 5am to get 2 or 3 sessions in early and then use 1 or 2 lunch times & 1 or 2 evening sessions. I intend to return to 6-7 sessions a week for the next month and then increase to 7-8 sessions. As well I have decided that after this weekend (Western A's 10th Anniversary Dinner) I will remove alcohol from my diet and reassess my intake of other foods, increasing vegies & fruit.

But to get to my runs on Thursday, at lunch I ran approach 6km with a guy from work, he worked hard and I was happy with the pace, probably 4.30-4.40 pace, ran from the barracks upto the Yarra and then along until we got to Punt Rd, up the hill and then around the 'outer' Tan. Followed by some stretching, I have noticed that the achilles is still tightish after the w/e race.

Evening, I arrived at the track late (5.30) and it was very windy, to run against the wind was an effort, I was at the track mainly for a short meeting and to wear my spikes for the first time in many months. I ran 5 laps of the track in reverse, ensuring each lap was faster than the last, stretched for 15 minutes and then did 5x80 at pace with my DS trainers and then I put on the spikes and did 5x80 faster with my spikes, especially concentrating on the first 20m, like a 800m start. Finished off with 4 laps to cool down and then meeting & home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey stu,
i think your runnings going pretty well, have been reading your blog for awhile, your times are where i want to be.96mins 1/2 at burnley for me.hopefully 90mins next year.personally i still like a drink, in moderation.5am is a early start.
btw, i have two young kids and its hard sometimes getting out the door. mick (blueboy). keep it up.