Wednesday 28 September 2005

Wed 28 Sep, mid week longish run

18km today and 56km for the week

Had today off from work, slept in until 8ish, which is late for me and meet Connor & Declan and took them to the movies and had lunch, which was all good. In the arvo I managed to squeeze in a 85 minute along the Werribee River and the surrounding streets of where I am staying.

I concentrated for the first 60 minutes going along at an easy pace, probably 4:55ish, for the 10 minutes I picked up the pace to 4:30ish and then for 15-20 minutes I ran at 10k race pace which was quite enjoyable.

A very windy day and ran into a lot of head & cross winds but all was ok. Tomorrow I am going to spectate the Vic Mile Championships at OP & the Skins events, should be a good evening with some quality races. I could have run one of the heats for the mile, and did think about it, as I have never run on OP but as I haven't been concentrating on the short stuff I decided against it, I know I would have probably come last but.... anyway.

Plan to run 1 or 2 laps of the Tan at lunchtime tomorrow.

No comments: