Wednesday 12 August 2009

Skeleton Creek and coaching

I organised for Mark (dad of one of the girls who I coach) to come and check out the issue that is known as Stu & Jo's master bedroom early this arvo, after he left I decided to take advantage of being home with f.all to do at 3pm so I got changed and made my way out the door with my running clothes on.

I strolled towards Sanctuary Lakes, coolish, but not dark, not raining and not too windy, so a nice change! I strolled probably 5 min ish pace for 25 min and then turned back and got home in 24.m 18s. Then some static stretching, a quick shower and then changed to go to training via picking up Connor who is making a small return to running to get some general fitness in preparation for the Relays and aths season.

At the track with the kids I jogged 1.2k and then did a few drills and strides and I set the pace on the first 200m on some speedy reps of 3x800m. I jogged the 800m cool down as well.

Note: I clicked over 1500km for the year today.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rewind ..... as Kath would say ..."Please explain" regarding the bedroom situation :-)

Ewen said...

That's an odd one about water coming through the wall! I'm thinking a cracked pipe rather than flooding from the rain. Let us know what it was.

Stu Mac said...

Anonymous, as Ewen suggested, we got home on Tue after training to find the carpet wet and the underlay VERY wet and then a pool of water on the slab....fuk. The front corner of the room has been affected by the wet, the skirting board and a lot of the wood that has the nails to hold the carpet in place.

So.......the room is wet and we are not really sure why! Nothing obvious.