Sunday 23 August 2009

My longer run in the evening

After watching the WC men's marathon (good viewing) during the evening and then getting up at 3am to watch the WC until 5.30am I was very happy I wasn't running Sunday morning, so the decision to run in the evening with Jo after dropping the boys back at home was the right one for me!

5pm start to our run; the plan was to run together for 75ish minutes and then I may continue on for 15-30 minutes. As all Melbournites know, it is bloody windy at the moment and but it wasn't cold, actually excluding the wind it was still 18-19 degrees when we started. Our run was along Skeleton creek and then following the Altona Foreshore Trail which as I said to Jo, the trail is as boring as bat shit! But 13.9km was achieved in an average of 5.35ish, not sure, I forgot to ask Jo when we finished.

I decided that was enough for me, with a lot of the run on very uneven ground or concrete paths my legs had enough for the day.

Note to me: Wow, I've already hit the 200kms for the month, this is looking like the biggest month of 2009 for me. :-)

1 comment:

SJ said...

running as an exercise. health is wealth! =)