Thursday 6 August 2009

Gym, soccer & fastish 200m reps

Only 40 minutes in the gym this morning (6.30am) and a game of indoor football at 1pm (we won 4-1).


Tonight my program had 3 sets of (7x200m) with a 100m float but as I would have been by myself and also a very strong wind I decided I would join the girls and run some faster 200m reps with a walk back recovery. A new girl joined my older group, Maddie 14, I already coach her younger brother who is a handy distance runner (11th at States); Maddie has trained with the other group but will suit the Tue/Thu group, girls 13-15 who have similar pace to Jo and myself and will make the transition to senior aths.

The reps were a little fast and I gave the job to others to lead but they just couldn't get the pacing right, so I stuck at the front and lead them in, I did manage to run one from the back and go past, but that was a tad quick (32.8).
  • 36.2 / 37.3 / 34.7 / 36.3 / 32.8
  • 36.1 / 36.5 / 36.6 / 36.4 / 33.4

The walk back breaks were between 1.55-2.03 and I added an extra 45 sec between sets.

Normal cool down and then dinner to farewell Dave (the Yank) who has been visiting on a College 'thingy' that had him visit our fine lands for 4 months or so. The Club are giving him a signed Club singlet, a bottle of Club wine & an Aussie Olympic top that was arranged through AA.

No comments: