Monday 10 August 2009

A longer run today

No running on Sunday as I had the boys and I didn't want to get up when it was really dark, why....because I didn't want to!

I attended a conference at RAAF Williams (Laverton) which is only a few minutes away from home, it finished before 3pm, a quick shop for a dinner party tonight with David & Nic and then off to Werribee for a run prior to training.

From Wyndham Park I strolled along the river at LR pace, after 15 minutes I picked up the pace a tad and was probably hanging around 5 min pace, once at Riverbend I decided I needed to make my way over to President's Park to use the public toilets. Then back towards Riverbend over the Ford and then running on the grass near the path I picked up the pace to 4:30ish for 15 minutes before returning back to 5 min + pace. I got back to Wyndham Park at 4:20, so I did a lap via Chrinside Oval and then returned at 4:32pm with 65 minutes of running.

A quick chat with the mums and then off with the kids for 15 minutes of running at a similar pace to what I had already been doing, then we stopped at a park and played follow the leader for 3x5 min (different leaders), jumping over rocks, park benches, over BBQ, over fences, under fences etc...just lots of running with some fun thrown in.

Then push ups, crunches, sit ups, more push ups and planks (front & side).

No comments: