Sunday 16 August 2009

A little bit of wind at the YY

The plan was 2 hours today, myself & David and Luke tagged along for a very casual run. For the Melb readers you will already know how windy this morning was!!! OMG it was so windy...

We started our run along Greyhound track in light drizzle for the first 15 minutes and lots of side wind, even David thought it was cold today. A stop near the front gate for a toilet stop and then off to Big Rock, just past there we were reminded how windy it was, up a slight hill into a HEAD wind and I was starting to suffer on every rise, even though we were averaging 5.30 pace at the time.


The next few k's were a constant rise which I dropped off the pack by 10-15m or so, but was able to catch up on the flats or down hills. After 60 minutes I was surprised how my legs felt, but we continued on and I got in 1h 50m, about 19.5k for the morning. A few k's this weekend, well more than normal for me.

1 comment:

Andrew(ajh) said...

Running 20k in that wind is a great effort, but add in those hills and it looks almost superhuman to me !