Tuesday 4 August 2009

4 minute reps at the track

In the gym at 6.20am, bike, lunges, upright rowing, cable cross overs, incline sit ups, single leg squats, planks and a few other bits & pieces, just over 50 minutes.


Tonight I ran 5 x 4 minute reps with a 2 minute shuffle/float at the track with a few of Burkie's junior boys and one girl (who I knew would pull out as she is fast but very soft).
  • first rep was controlled, approx 980m with a 30 sec shuffle/90 sec float
  • again controlled, again approx 980m with a 30 sec shuffle/90 sec float
  • controlled but working harder, approx 970m, 30 sec walk/90 sec float
  • working, approx 975m, 60 sec float/60 sec float
  • the final rep was to be 1k (no matter the time), I told the boys I wanted to hit 96 and to stick on it and we did, crossing the 1k in 3:57. I was happy

3 laps in reverse to cool down.

No comments: