Thursday 1 March 2007

Thu 01 Mar 07, gym & track session


Forty minutes in the gym this morning, slightly less than I really wanted but I needed to get into the office for an early meeting. I did notice that I found today's session harder than it should have, felt tired whilst completing some of my ex's of the ball and also some of the other core ex and I also noticed it when I ran up the stairs to my work place.


Tonight at the track it was warm and windy (of course), I reduced my warm up only completing 4 laps of lane 8 and then 5x60m strides. Tonight the set was to be 6x400m at my 1500m pace with 60 sec floating recovery. To be honest I was hoping we would do 200s, for a few reasons, dodged the wind, wasn't feeling very fresh and well they are easier...

And of course with that attitude the session was aiming towards disaster... I only managed 4 3/4 reps, all with a 60 sec recovery, except one due to a toilet break.
Reps: 79, 80, 81, 81 & was aiming at a 81-83 but as I straightened up in the straight I knew my form was gone, head & shoulders rolling, legs everywhere, so I pulled off the track with 70ish to go in my 5th rep.

I finished the session off with a 30 minute jog, 6 min per km pace.


(StuMac)

-- Site Summary ---
Visits


Total ....................... 17,232
Average per Day ................. 31
Average Visit Length .......... 1:21
This Week ...................... 219

No comments: