Sunday 25 March 2007

Sun 25 Mar 07, easy You Yangs


The day after the Region Club Championships and my back is heaps better than it was after the four distance events. After the days meet, 44 Western Aths Club members had dinner at a local restaurant and the a few returned to my place for a few quiet drinks and to watch the replay of Aust V China, a few beers and loads of chatting. And there was even talk of a long run at the You Yangs, but we eventually decided that rest would be the better option.

Waking in the morning and realising that finally the time was the REAL time and daylight savings was thankfully all over. David and I decided that no run was the option and he would have a cup of tea and then make his way back to Warnanbool and enjoy a casual 3 hour drive home. I bummed around and caught up on my blogging.

This afternoon I caught up with Clare and we went out to the You Yangs for her final big hit out before R4K, 65 minutes with some nasty hill work, but to her credit this was easily one of the best runs I have taken Clare for, she worked hard and made it up some pretty nasty hills.

I then finished the weekend off with a Team Managers meeting (& Indian food, yum) to pick our three teams for the Shield Final at OP. The open men's team have the problem of losing runners to the 'phantom Div 2 team' (this ensures Clubs do not stack teams with better athletes) and managing some injuries and work restrictions and other problems (I have a wedding to attend). So the teams are picked, I have been picked for the 1500m (number 2) and the 800m (number 2), I would have been picked number 1 for the 3k if available and maybe the 4x400 team but sadly they are too late for me and I will miss them.

The NorthWest Region results: http://www.athsvic.org.au/cache/SessionFile/2208ClubPoints-3.html

2 comments:

Tesso said...

Your posts aren't showing on my bloglines. Thought you'd been quiet :)

Will resubscribe and see what happens.

Andrew(ajh) said...

Yeah me too, I hadn't seen any posts from you for a while, and today there were 32? Anyway, glad you're back and the back is feeling better.