Saturday 10 March 2007

Sat 10 Mar 07, sore back and a river run


No run for the last two days, Thursday stuck at work until after 9pm and Fri I played mister Dad and looked after one of boys as he had a 'student free day' from school, which was good as I had a very sore back which I wasn't really sure what or how...

Today I was at the VU Complex helping out with a 'working bee' getting the track prepared for the WLAC Open Day on Sunday, which is one of the popular meets as it is one week out from the VLAA State Champs, so a lot of athletes use it as a big hit out. Early afternoon I was meeting Clare for a 60 min run along the Werribee river, with less than a month to go for R4Ks she was hoping to have a good run. I arrived 20 minutes early, hoping to get in 20 minutes prior and test out how bad my back was, wearing my Garmin for watch my pace I discovered that I was in a bit of discomfort. In the centre of my back into my glutes and on the left hand side around the hip area at the back was quite sore, all muscular. I ran for 15 minutes and never ran faster than 5:30 pace even though I was trying, so for 5 minutes whilst waiting for Clare I stretched and hoped it would loosen up.

Took off with Clare and we made our way along the river, after about 15 minutes at 6 min pace I started to feel more comfortable and was able to stay at this pace comfortably, all up just short of 50 minutes.

No comments: