Sunday 31 December 2006

A wrap up of 2006

My blog began about two years ago to log my training runs, my races, my PBs, my SBs and lots of remarks so I could look back and see where my training was going and maybe even ascertain why it had gone the way it had. And it has done all of those things and more! This year more than others I have meet many other bloggers, I have made many new friends and also strengthened ones that already existed. My blog has been a part of this and I believe it has also helped me to evaluate my life and occassionally it has enable some friends to come and say 'hey Stu, are you alright, would you like a shoulder to lean on' and they were right, I did! So before I summarise my training for 2006, I want to fistly thank everyone who has cared and also those who have read and been motivated. THANK YOU!

________________________________________

2006 Monthly Totals (2005):
Jan - 219 (322)
Feb - 246 (233)
Mar - 247 (253)
Apr - 256 (265)
May - 213 (307)
Jun - 312 (285)
Jul - 293 (290)
Aug - 229 (210)
Sep - 240 (236)
Oct - 290 (280)
Nov - 213 (262)
Dec - 219 (261)
Total = 3033km (3196km)

2006 Personal Best Times
400m 1:04.057 Nov 06 (not fresh, raced prev on the day)
800m 2:17.16, Apr 06, VMA Champs
1500m 4:52.01, Feb 06, Aberfeldie
3000m 10:49.45, Feb 06, OP
The Tan 14:29, Jul 06, Corp Cup
5000m 19:15, Nov 06, Aberfeldie
10km 41:58, May 06, Williamstown (sick & only one for year)
21.1km 1h 28m 22s, Sep 06, Burnley :-)

2006 Racing Highlights:
My trip to Canberra for the Aust Masters Champs, whilst I didn't race any PBs I had a great time, personally and also racing. There are a handful of guys I raced against who I still see on a regular basis and say hi to!

The half marathon in Sep, I was so worried I hadn't done the long work for this and when I got to the 15km mark I knew it was all good and I ran a 80 sec PB, imagine what I could have done if I was more confident.

Puffing Billy, I got beaten by that 'bloody' train, but my time was fast enough to beat it 9 out of the last 10 years and as I was still in T&F mode, I was impressed that the hills didn't destroy my race more.

__________________________________________

January - I had run are fair bit of the holiday break, maybe too much which resulted in a very sore ITB, which resulted in some sore massages and reduced kms.

February - The ITB calmed down. An enjoyable run through the zoo. My first race at Olympic Park which resulted in a 3k PB. Started Pace Leading duties with S2F.

March - A big month, for the first time I ran 2:18 for an 800, I also PB a 4k race. I was in preparation for the Vic & Aust Masters Champs. But even though I don't live with my children, a magical day on 24 Mar 06, my son Kaelan was born and I was very lucky to be present for the birth and to be there to help Julie.

Not sure why I can't get blogger to post a picture here, but follow this link: http://www.ringo.com/photos/photo.html?photoId=184872120

April - Whilst summarising and checking my blog, I notice my first mention of my heel problem??? A busy racing month, VMA Track Champs, R4K, AMA Track Champs, Geelong HM & Yarra Bend XC. Highlights were going to Canberra as mentioned above, but also a highlight was my first time pacing someone in a race, thanks Crissy for the experience.

May - Highs & lows, I ran a really good Puffing Billy race, then a few days later I had an operation, got sick as a result of and for some reason I thought I could comeback quickly and race a 10k race at Williamstown. ???

June - Two races and neither went to well, but it was my biggest km month for the year, the only time in the 300s.

July - A decent month in kms, but the races were average. A few friends didn't think I had totally recovered from my op & infection two months ago.

August - The mind is a powerful thing and to be honest mine didn't appear to be going in the direction that I would have liked. I missed many training sessions and ran fairly ordinary. A couple of Corp Cups races and my first XC race in spikes, which was a well paced race.

September - I started the month off well with an 80+ sec PB over the Half Marathon distance, then followed up with a few other races... AV Tan Relay & two Corporate Cup races around the Tan and a 5km handicap race at Williamstown, maybe too many races.

October - A bit of a nothing month, in between AV seasons, which resulted in my monthly tally closing in on the 300 mark. For the second month in a row, my heel has been mentioned in my blog.

November - Personal & health issues took me away from my blog and I only made seven entries. I noted this month that my speed hadn't appeared this season yet and I was still racing 3k and shorter, slower than my 2005 pace.

December - With health issues and a bit of lack of motivation, add in end of year functions, results in a fairly ordinary racing month, but the final week of training is starting to show some promise. Now with a little bit of understanding of my health problems I can now start to refocus and think about what I want and how I can achieve that.

Thanks for reading & visiting my Blog!


Stu Mac


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gotta tell you Stu Mac, have been a bit of lurker (where's that blush emoticon?) but have always been motivated by your blog :)

Have a great 2007!!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year and all the best for 2007.

Tesso said...

Summarised it looks like a mighty fine year. Hope 2007 is even better for you :-)

Anonymous said...

looking forward to racing with you in the av winter season. your blog always
has some interesting tips. maybe your a little hard on yourself sometimes!
there are some decent times there!
all the best for 2007.

Vicky said...

A great summary Stu. If you're anything like me, writing it down has probably made you realise that it was a better year than it seemed...

All the best, MAR.

Ewen said...

Stu I always enjoy reading. I was very happy to meet up with you 12 months ago after being a long time reader of your CR posts.

In 2006, I like your 2:17 and 1:28 the best :) Good luck with improving your PBs this year.

Anonymous said...

That is a huge year, Stu. Just imagine what sort of performances you will be doing if you have a year that you are happy about!!