Saturday 23 December 2006

Sat 23 Dec 06, on the Tan with HVT


This morning I met with the HVT squad for a session on the Tan. As this is not my normal training group I checked with Tim to make sure it was fine for me to tag along. But this session like so many in the past few weeks didnot go to plan, during the second effort I had a dizzy spell which resulted in me stumbling and nearly falling. As soon as I recovered I felt fine and was easily able to jog along comfortably at 4:40ish pace for a few k's.
yet again when the intensity is picked up I struggle. After Christmas I will get my results and hopefully that will help explain, until then I will drop all hard work and just cruise.


Thursday; Western A's had their Annual 1km Handicap race in combination with the Christmas Gift (120m handicap) and our Christmas BBQ. I decided that I felt well enough to compete and was hoping to run well, whilst I did run a PB (3:06.9) the run wasn't the best. The first 400 in 72, 800 in 2.28. Finishing off with nearly 10 minutes to cool down, which I ended up not feeling very well.



A picture of the starters for the handicap 1000m, I'm wearing the navy blue nike singlet & my toungue sticking out...

2 comments:

Tesso said...

Gee, what a mixed bag. Dizzy spells and a PB all in one blog entry. Fingers crossed you can get things sorted soon.

Meanwhile ....

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!

Hope its a good one.

All the best for a super 2007!

Vicki said...

Relax a bit - give your body some decent recovery time. Enjoy Christmas and I'm sure you'll be right to go hard again in the New Year.