Thursday 28 December 2006

Thu 28 Dec 06, the last track session for 2006

Tonight's session was fairly lonely on the track. The sprint group were finishing up when I arrived and most of my training squad had other things on and the remainder of Burkie's squad were holidaying or working, so just me & Adrian.

20x200 @ 37 sec for me and 1-1.5 sec faster for Adrian (15 reps). The first 10 reps were done with a floating recovery, except rep 5, 10 & 15, I walked that recovery. After the 11th rep I decided I would walk 20m and then start the float.

Of the 20 reps, there were two 35s, probably five 36s, twelve 37s and rep 17 was a 38, sadly. Overall with a 3k warm up and a short cool down of predominantly walking a good hard session of short reps turned into a good endurance session, quite windy at the track.


Finally I made it to 3000km for the year, last year I also ran further than 3000km (3196). About six weeks ago I noticed that I might struggle to make the 3000 mark due to my achilles/heel problem, but I made it with still two runs left.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, 3000 + km in a year...that is amazing :)

Tesso said...

Congrats on the 3000k Stu. That's like running from Melbourne to Sydney then on to Brissie then back to Sydney!

Anonymous said...

3000km, you have got to be kidding me!! I can only dream about that sort of distance over the year!
Congrats and well done :-)!

Ewen said...

38 would make my day! 3000 k's is a good base to kick on with Stu. All the best for 2007 - I'm sure there will be PBs for you.