Sunday 31 December 2006

Sun 31 Dec 06, You Yangs


The last run for 2006, the plan was to investigate some new trails in the You Yangs Park, 75 minutes for me, Adrian was aiming for the same & Narelle 80 minutes. With some checking of maps we decided we would run into the park upto the car park at the base of Flinders Peak (approx 2.5km uphill) and then run the Branding Trail which is sign posted as 5.5km, then run back to the Rangers Hut and run around Big Rock and then finish off on the road outside to make up the remaining time.

The run upto the Flinders Peak car park was testing for a start to a run, then we hit the trail which was down down & down (which later meant up, up & up). Along the trail was all single file, reminded me very much of Ferny Creek, except without the ferns and greenery :-) , all very dry and arid style bushland. An enjoyable run which Narelle appeared to be enjoying too much as she was moving along at a fairly quickish pace, we turned off on a few side tracks looking for other suitable trails but always returning back to the Branding Trail.

Once I caught the group after the uphill finish of the trail, it was then suggested we move down to Big Rock and run around that and then to the roads. I struggled around the hill surrounding Big Rock and ran the my last 10-15 minutes trailing behind. All up 75 minutes today with a lot of sweating. A nice way to finish off 2006, a run with some Club mates on predominantly a track I had never run before!

___________________________________________
December's Running Stats:

KM December - 219km

2006 Total - 3033km (less than 2005)

Injuries/Illness - An inflamed achilles attachment & an infection

Exuses - Reduced kms due to above

Races next month - Some track racing, nothing major

Races completed - Track races and acted as a Pace Leader for the S2F Christmas Run

January's Goals - Building

5 comments:

Sekhmet said...

Happy running for 2007 Stu - I hope it's a good year for you :)

Celeste said...

Hey Stu - I hope you enjoyed your run! I dream about the day I can run where there are trees and a trail and wilderness and stuff. Sounds amazing!!

Thanks for your support during the year. All the best for 2007.

Pilbara

Ewen said...

That's a good run to finish the year with Stu.

I hope you can steer clear of the injuries on '07. I'm sure your best running is ahead of you.

Anonymous said...

Stu

Hope that 2007 is a good year for you.

Thanks for all the encouragement and support that you've given me through 2006.

Em said...

I can't thank you enough for all your great advice this year (and more to come in 2007 I am sure).

Thanks for helping make me a better runner.

Hope 2007 is a great one, you deserve it.

Em