Wednesday 27 December 2006

Wed 27 Dec 06, Flinders Peak

My coach is off to walk Cradle Mountain in an organised three day hike, so as he was walking Flinders Peak he decided that a few of his athletes could run it a few times.

So another trip out to the You Yangs (with a slight hang over), parking at the base off we went. The peak is 348m and approx a 2km run up stairs and a gradual slope. The steps being the hardest part, my first trip up was 11 min 50 sec with some walking and the second trip was just over 12 minutes. The first trip was hardest as I was struggling with a head ache and just a general awful feeling, aka.. hangover. Once back down after two trips I jogged for 10 minutes for my cool down.

Tomorrow's run will see me over the 3000 km mark.

3 comments:

Em said...

Ahh Stu, as long as you had fun getting the hangover :-)

Anonymous said...

You told me last night that we were going to run up it 5 times! At least you went, i was very ill.

Anonymous said...

He told me SIX