Monday 18 December 2006

Mon 18 Dec 06, an easy run


A lunchtime run, pleasant temp around 22 degrees, from Victoria Barracks upto the Yarra, along the Yarra to Chapel, cross the bridge and then return on the city side. After work in the gym for 45 minutes, back, shoulders, arms & a little core work.

Sunday, was 60 minutes within the You Yangs Park, mainly on the flat trying to recover from a big day of athletics on Saturday. Whilst running I got to see the 'who's who' of Australian running, Buster & Benita with another female and the normal MTB rider. And then in the car park, Troopy came over and said hello and he must have a very good memory, as he remembered my name from an introduction probably 9 months ago, I was impressed. Chatted with Troopy about his run and then just some general chit chat about Australian athletics.

Saturday, with warm ups & cool down it turned out be a big day with probably one race too many. Very windy and most were affected by 5-8 sec in the 1500, 1 sec in the 200. I raced a 1500, 200, 5000 & 400, wasn't feeling the best prior to the 400 or afterwards.

Thursday, was at the Zatopek Classic, I ran in the Corporate Relay, 4x800m, 8 teams and my team finished 6th. I had Thursday off for lots of appointments, hospital first, having a few tests, blood and some other bits & pieces. Hair cut & tips.


So to summarise a week, raced Tue, paced Wed, raced Thu, rest Fri, raced Sun. No wonder the heel is still playing up and overall I don't feel the best, run down and not overall happy.

3 comments:

Em said...

But who could forget you Stu ;-)

(hey, that rhymes)

Ewen said...

Troopy is a runner's runner. He came over very well on the local radio when talking about the Ron Clarke meet.

I hope the heel keeps settling Stu. I found the stuff where you're on your toes (800 and under) hurt the most.

Tesso said...

Bob Dylan told me never to name-drop ;-)