Wednesday 13 December 2006

Wed 13 Dec 06, S2F Christmas Run at Albert Park


Went to the gym for 30 minutes, chest, back and some leg stretching after 5 min on the bike at lunch.


Tonight I was the Pace Leader for the 50 min group for the 10k in the Christmas Run. I started with a 2k warm up with Rupert and then stretched my hamstring as they are very tight after yesterday's racing. I ran the 10k in 50:01, but if I continued on at the pace I was going before I slowed down at the 9.25k I would have run 49. Here I encouraged the group of 5-8 who had been running with me nearly the entire time to press on by themselves and for the next 700m I encouraged people to catch me and run sub 50 min.

I know I have said it before, but I really enjoy the pacing jobs. After the run one of the ladies who ran the entire way with me found me and thanked me, she told me that she had run 52 minutes three time before and couldn't believe her new PB was now 49:15, consistency is really a big key.

1 comment:

Vicky said...

Great job Stu. My sister ran it in 58mins. Said she was just glad to keep ahead of the 60min pacer, who she saw creeping up on her a few times!

MAR.