Wednesday 17 August 2005

Wed 17 Aug, Albert Park area

9m today, 48km for the week

Ran at lunchtime, with no problems in the legs except they felt heavy. Burkie suggest easy, so the plan was for 40 mins or so at around 4.40ish pace and strangely that was the pace I sat on the majority of the time according to the distance markers around Albert Park.

I started at Vic Barracks and ran towards Albert Park at a easy pace, once I arrived there I did 10 minutes of quad and hammie stretching, and then I continued on. When I passed a distance marker I hit the lap function and strangely that 1km was exactly 4.40, the next 4.41 & then 4.40, I then left the path and ran around pit building and the oval areas. But it never ceases to amaze me that you can just pick a pace and generally be near & around it. I ran around on the grass for 10 min or so and then jumped back onto the path, next km was 4.39 and that was into a head wind, very strange.

I then moved away from the path again and made my way back to the barracks area via St Kilda Rd. An easy run, but the legs are heavy and will benefit from some easy days as I will be racing. Finally we have confirmed 10 men runners for our teams at Harcourt to Bendigo relay. I am in the second team and I should be told what leg I have been selected for before Friday (I hope).

No comments: