Thursday 18 August 2005

Thu 18 Aug, a light run & a few strides

6km today, 54km for the week

Went for an easy 20 minute run from the track just to blow away tight muscles, then did 15 minutes of stretching, lots of hammie, lower back & glutes. Then I did some run throughs (5x80) and then 5 bends, jogged a lap and went home.

Feel much better for it!

At least that made me feel good, last night I found out that 2 of our U20s decided they didn't want to run at Coliban which has caused a lot of problems and we can now only gather a weak Div 5 team, there goes the Div 7 team and our chance of promotion to Div 6 in 2006.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about the dissapointment with the two runners pulling out.

I need to increase my stretching as my calf is a little tight today.

thanks for the advice on self massage...not really sure how to do it but I guess it can't be that hard??

Unknown said...

That's exactly what the big 'W' said, StuMac! Now there's the truth of it.....great minds think alike!

Disappointment about the U20s pulling out; I wonder why they didn't want to run at Coliban? Glad you're feeling better though...happy days are here again!

Wobbly man said...

Hang in there Stu - kids make dumb decisions some times. I'm glad your personal session went better though!