Tuesday 16 August 2005

Tue 16 Aug, morning & afternoon sessions

12.5km today, 38.5km for the week

I parked at the Tan at 6.35am this morning, a hive of activity, there are a lot more walkers & runners at this time than later on between 7 & 8, especially large groups. Ran a very comfortable 18 min lap of the Tan, for some extra k's and so I would do some stretching afterwards. I have noticed that my stretching & flexibility is not as good as it was early in the year, I was nearly at the stage where I could get my head on my knee when stretching but not now. I am sure if I was to have a 'full on' massage I would be in a lot of discomfort.

Track session this evening, more to follow.

Arrived at the track 5ish and went off for a 15 min warm up , a few stretches and lots of chatting followed by 5x60 at pace. Tonights session is planned 600s, at 5k pace, when I started I wasn't sure how many I was suppose to do or how many I felt I could do.

Splits (floating recov)
2:08 (1:34)
2:07 (1:32)
2:06 (1:37)
2:05 (1:36)
2:09 3 1/2 lap cool down

Not a very good session, never felt like I was flowing along nicely (Burkie's said I looked angry from the start). I finished early as I had feelings of my hammies feeling tighter the further I went on, no soreness but whilst sitting here I can feel they need a good massage or stretch, probably both.

Burkie wants me to finish off with an easy week, with a hopeful race on the weekend (if we can get the second team up???) and to make sure I didn't overload over the w/e (I don't think so). Last weeks very small 30 something k's and now another small week will see small kms for the month.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Maybe some yoga could help with that?