Tuesday 9 August 2005

Tue 09 Aug, morning & arvo track session

4k in morning & 9k in evening, 21km for the week

This morning I jumped on the tready, did the first 5 min @ 12.5kph, then 2 min @ 13, then 2 min @ 13.5kph, then 1-2 min at 14kph and then just over 4 min at 16kph, all easy except obviously for the last bit were I worked up a great deal of sweat. Jumped on a bike, did an easy 5k @ 25kph. Lots of core stuff and some lat pull downs and back work, all light weights with high reps. Ankle, probably 90-95%.


Drove home in the BIG wind & pouring rain, hmmm, a track session. Arrived in Hoppers, thankfully the rain subsided and I got down to the track and it looked like maybe 1 hour without rain (here's hoping). I went out on the local roads for 15+ min to warm up, returned & did some stretching followed by 7x70m strides, more stretching. I know the legs are heavy & the wind is VERY strong, probably the worse I have seen it in a long time. 4x800 tonight, with 2 min recovery, did the session with young Dave... (Wes A's will understand).

Splits: 3:02, 3:04, 3:06 & 3:06, a lot slower than normal, but the wind was strong and of course last saturday has taken a 'toll'.


Watched Bekele run last night, excellent race!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Stuart, glad your ankle is letting you run.

I guess it's a relief that your not having to run in snow because I have heard that it's awfully cold and white over your way.

Have a great running weekend