Friday 5 August 2005

Fri 5 Aug, an easy 6k

80.1kg, 6km today, 49km for week

Yesterday I had a day's rest, reason; a 6 car pile up on the Westgate Bridge, it took me 1h 45m to get to work instead of the normal 25 minutes. Lunch time it was pouring and I didn't feel that needy for a run and after work both Julie & I had other commitments, so a rest day was declared!

Today arrived in the city in time for an easy 6km along the river and then onto the Tan, very even paced. Normally I do not run the day before a long race, but I have a few sore spots and I thought the slow jog may help.


Tommorrow off to Frankston, Cam has a Schools State X-C Team meeting at 10am so an early trip to Frankston is instore, then Cam has a 6km X-C and I have 16km. The past 2 years this race has been at Coburg, last year easily was the hardest race of my AV life, 1h 22m 48s = 5:11 pace, I fell & slipt 2 or 3 times and lost my footing many times, so the flat & dry course I am expecting at Frankston should easily be a PB even without taking in account my better fitness.

I am not placing any time constraints onto my race until after my warm up run on the course. Whilst not overly fresh, I should do ok, I need to, I have promoted into the Div 5 team again.

Just checked my yearly totals, tomorrow will see me complete my 2000th km.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL Yes I drank a whole bottle, it was buddy size though (I am all talk!)

Hope you have a great run in Frankston. Your Sunday run plan (along the Werribee river) sounds perfect.

2000...Wow!

Mister G said...

"Days off", Stu?

(In reference to your comment on my blog.)