Tuesday 30 August 2005

Tue 30 Aug, track session

12km for day & week, 80.2kg

According to Weatherzone the wind just before training was 32kt with gusts up 45kt, I'm not sure if that is big, but it was extremely hard to run in. Meet up with 2 guys from the Club for our warm up at 4.45pm, we went out onto the road for 16 minutes, some with a BIG tail wind, then across our right shoulder & then into our face on the return, luckily it was cruising & chatting pace.

On return to the track I did a few basic stretches & then a bunch of run throughs with the wind and a couple of leg drills on the return, then a few extra quad & hammie stretches. Checked what the session was going to be, I knew it was to be either 300s or 200s, dodging the head wind and prep for the HM on Sunday. Continuous 200s for 25 minutes, 200m at 40-42 pace and then a jog diagonally across and then go again, no walking and no stopping. Four of us ran the session tonight, which always make the job easier.

Splits were very consistent, all between 39 & 40, with one 41 & 38. After 19 repeats we agreed a 400 to finish would be a nice bit of a test, which was interesting to see, I managed 38 & 41 into the wind, not bad at all I thought.

Did 2 lap slow cool down with the guys and then I put on my LS top & red flashing light and jogged home, just over 3kms, very windy but a nice way to finish off the session.


Half marathon on Sunday, if the weather is ok, I will be aiming for sub 90, last year I ran over 95 so this will be a big improvement, my current PB is 95:50 which unless I fall over I will beat, but I really want the sub 90.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Good luck on Sunday Stu. I have no doubt that you will take a huge chuck out of your PB!

Jen