Thursday 27 January 2005

Wed 26 Jan, morning

Well today is going to be hot again, according to my foxtel, it is 26.5 degrees at 8.30am. I thought I was going to do my normal 60-75 min run today, but Burkie (coach) has strongly suggested with so much races in the past couple of days and again this sat, as well the heat to take it easy and reduce my time on the road to 45ish.

Out the door, no shirt today, trying to scare the public, will give them something to talk about when they are slugging beers at their Aust Day BBQ. I start off at an ok pace (prob faster than Burkie would want), there is wind going across me, slightly annoying, but I'm not racing, so who really cares. It is warm, I have a good sweat going 15 min into the run.

Cruise along, think about why I can't run 5min for my 1500, but overall happy where I am at at the moment. Think about my bloody eye, very sore and off to see the Dr again today, not wearing contacts so things are blurry but very bright.

I enjoy the wind on my back for 8mins or so, then away, the last 20 min is into the head wind and it is warm and annoying. I finish the run just under 50min, which is not exactly slow (PB is 46.45), but not too fast. I am drenched in sweat and my wife comes outside to give me a bottle of water, she thinks I'm a freak and tells me to go and have a shower (I wait for 15min, until the sweating stops). Do lots of calf & quad stretches and go for a walk up the street to try and cool down a bit more.

Shower, then waffles, yogurt & fruit for breaky, yummy.

No comments: