Monday 31 January 2005

Sun 30 Jan, You Yang run

A lovely morning for a run, sunny little wind and temp in the mid teens. 9am meeting at the gate of the You Yangs and a good rollup in there. Only 7 or 8 Western A's, but the other squad of potential members is up around the low 20s. CR Adrian is out for a run today, in his preparations for 6FT (he has really freshened after the Melb marathon).

I start with Adrian for the first 15 min, but he moves off with one of the small groups who are doing an extra 3km by going off Great Circle Dve and then return. I continue on by myself. Today my plan is to run ALL of the hills and so I stay reserved in my pace. I work the first and feel good, the BIG bugger is approaching and I am all go, concentrating on moving upwards, I can see the top and I can see where I have stopped and started my walking, I pass the later, I feel good because I know today is the day, I make the top and wonder what has been the problem, the mind is a very powerful thing.

With success in my mind I continue on, recover from the hill and prepare myself for the next one (smaller, but). During this hill I get passed by Luke & Ryan, flying along with an extra 3k in their belt. I get to the top and try to recover quickly because I want to pick up the pace to 10k ish. CR Adrian now passes me, he got dropped off from the boys on the BIG hill but he is going to catch them back. I concentrate on my form and pick up the pace. Work hard is the key today, singlet off, only the wallabies to scare today.

I finish my run hard in a time of 1h 6m 19s, fastest for the track, but most importantly I have now conquered the hills and I can no concentrate on working the hills a little harder.

No comments: