Friday 28 January 2005

Thu 27 Jan, track session

Yesterday I had minor surgery (of some sort, corneal ulcer) on my left eye, not a nice experience and bright light is a concern, also have had an awful night sleep, having to put drops in my eye every hour on the hour, yawnnnnnnnnnnn.

Off to the track with Connor (6) in tow, off for an easy 15 min w/up, then some 60-70 stride thrus x 4, then stretch, standing & ground, change to flats and do 3 more 50m stride outs (bit faster).

Easy session, freshen after the racing and preparing for more racing on saturday. 6x200 at 33 sec, points to note, strong for first 70, cruise the remainder of bend & into straight at 80%, then concentrate on a good fast stride for last 50m. recov walk diagonal across track.

Did session with Chris & Luke starting 5 sec after me and watched them either catch and pass or finish on the line.

Ten min cool down and home, Julie (wife) surprised to see me home early.

No comments: