Wednesday 19 January 2005

Tue 18 Jan, track session

Arrive a track, quick chit chat with a few. Check with Burkie for tonights plan, the 3k pace session (4x2min with 1 min jog recov, 4x1min with 30s rjog recov & 4x40sec with 20s jog recov, with a 2 min recov between sets). I have done this session once before and found it to be challenging.

Not many around yet, so I go off to do a w/up by myself, 12 min of running around track boundaries/fences, finish with some stretches, stride thrus and some drills.

I did the session by myself (Chris C & Jessica L start 10 min after me), I actually did really well. i was getting to the same spot time after time and concentrating on the jog recov. Last time I had to increase one of the 1 min breaks to 2 min, this time I felt good on all, by mistake did an extra 1 min repeat. Good session, very sweaty and there was a slight wind, but not too bad.

I think this sess would be better suited on the track, do the repeat one direction, jog on the spot and then return to the same spot, therefore you could this with faster groups.

No comments: