Sunday 16 January 2005

Sat 15 Jan, track comp at Coburg

Today the AV NorthWest region moved out to Coburg for the very first time since I have started, and this is my first race since returning from my heel injury. Today's schedule I intend to run the 800m & 3k.

ads first time out to Coburg, so I show him parts of the 16k cross country course from the winter season for our warm up. Catch with jegster and chat with the Coburg boys, should be a good day, it appears the rain will stay away. Whilst warming up, catch up with a few others remembering that day when we ran the mud run here....scary.

Finish all of my warm ups and do some run thrus on the track, longer bends here at Coburg, not a concern to me. The 800m gradings are happening and I am allocated a 2.30 heat, but I know there are some much faster than that time, 2 Preston U16s are again trying to win races instead of improving, oh well. Today I want a 2.25-30, but most of all to run a controlled first lap.

I start in lane 4 (happy), omg they are off quickly, at the cross over I am in 6or 7th, but not concerned, I cross the start/finish line at 71 (last time it was 68, so :-) ), but I know to hold and not yet push, along the back straight I move into 5th, and 4th on the bend, but I will not catch the Preston boys (2:15&16) and the Coburg guy is too good, but I'm having trouble with my kick (there isn't one) and I just hold onto 4th and finish 2:27.23 Happy, good start to the day.

Off for a 10 min slow jog, without this I feel VERY bad and it amazes me how a slow jog returns me back to normal?????

The 3k is the next agenda, I hope to PB (11:26) this, steady race of 90s will see me thru. The first 5 laps I sit on 89-91, very happy, the 6th is a 94 but I get back to 92 for the 7th and finish last 200 in 44, so I PB in a time 11:23.61 and I am very happy, because I know there is more to come.


Good day, well done to the Coburg Harriers and I am happy with my first performance since my heel injury.



Weekly Notes: 65kms for week (170 for month & year), distance down slightly due to no long run last sunday due to trip to Sydney.

No comments: