Friday 21 January 2005

Thu 20 Jan, track session & first post to my Blog

A normal Thursday evening, off to the track with my 6 year old, he has taken his remote control car and will do burn outs in the dirt until his mum returns from the city and takes him home.

As per normal the wind has arrived at the Hoppers Lane track, I arrive just before 5pm and by 5.15pm most of the distance crew are present. After a bit of a chat and stuff with Burkie (coach) I take off by myself for a 12-15 min slow jog around the rugby pitch and the surrounds of the track. I do 3 laps of the area and a 4th on the track so I can do some sidewards stepping, high knee lifts, kicks to the bum etc. Followed by some general standing stretching and then 3 stride thrus of about 60m at pace. I then do some sitting stretching, concentrating on glutes, lower back & hammies. Up and do 3 more stride thrus with flats at a faster pace.

Tonight's session is fairly easy, 8x200m @ 35 sec with a walk for recov (across the track). I did this session with the girls (14-16yrs), they were doing 6 and 2 15 year old boys who were doing 8 also, they started after my first. The first 7 I crossed 35.1 - 35.4 (lane 3), then I decided I would continue with the boys and run with them meaning I would do 9 repeats. I sat in lane 1 with the boys in lane 2 & 3, my 8th repeat was a 32.5 and my last was 30.8.

Finished off with a 12 min cool down out around the Werribee hosp and back, ran with Belinda K, she was warming up.

Felt very good and could have easily done more, Burkie tells me to have tmw off and not worry about an easy jog (that was the plan), he wants me to reduce my weekly k's back down to the high 60s & low 70's.

No comments: